Monday, March 3, 2014

The Two Wolves

     Everything around me is blurry. Time is moving too fast for me to keep up, but too slow to feel alive.  My body seems so heavy to hold up, and it feels like a chore to breathe.  My eyes allow me to see only the bad and ugly things.

     Everything around me is so clear.  I cherish the time I have with my friends and family.  I feel energetic and happy.  I know that each of us have our many trials, but that we have the strength to overcome them.  I notice the immense beauty in this life.  In people, the sky, and in literature.  I take time for myself to breath and think of how wonderful it is to be alive.
    
    
     Both of these scenarios are extremes.  Believe me when I say that I have never felt either one of these to that extent, although I have gotten very close.  It is more of a mixture of both, sometimes leaning towards one more than the other.  I like to think that I am closer to the second scenario, but I have had my share of the first.  Some people seem, from the outside at least, that they are in a perpetual state of happiness, and they are 100% a "second scenario person".  Even though that is impossible, the people who seem to be that way can be unbelievably annoying. 
     Each of these scenes are in each of us.  The type of person we can be (1 or 2 scenario) can be effected by what happens around us.  But more, it is how we react to those things that happen to us.

1 comment:

  1. I really likes this! The two contrasting views are really amazing! My favorite part was probably "But more, it is how we react to those things that happen to us."

    ReplyDelete